Visiting professor program
Visiting professor program is one of the important projects of the rhinoplasty education of RSA. Visiting professor is selected from renowned surgeons verified by RSA. Term of the visiting professor is two years, and he/she can be reelected.
Any institute or organization (society) in Asian countries may apply for visiting professor program. After approval, the visiting professor will visit the country and provide half or one day course teaching for rhinoplasty to surgeons of the country.
Current visiting professor (2020-2022)
Dr. Moohyun Paik (South Korea) M.D., Ph.D
He studied at Chungang University (Seoul, Korea) from 1974 to 1989 the premedical course, medical course, master course and PhD course. He achieved the National Medical License of Korea in 1980, and Korean Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1988. His medical training includes an internship from 1983 to 1984 and a resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from 1984 to 1988 at Chungang University Hospital.
- Public Health Center Gangwon Province, Korea
- Dept. of Plastic Surgery College of Medicine Catholic University
- Assistant Professor
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Chungang University Hospital
- Visiting Professor
- Medical College of Virginia USA
- Chief Director
- 101 Plastic Surgery Clinic
- Agape Christian Hospital Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
He had been the President of Korean Academic Association of Rhinoplastic Surgeons from 2012 to 2014, and currently is a member of Korean Society of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Korean Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Korean Society of Reconstructive Hand Surgery.
Visiting professor selection criteria
1. Selection criteria for visiting professor
- (1) The educational committee will nominate the candidates for visiting professor.
- (2) The selected nominee will be approved at the board of director meeting.
2. Term for visiting professor
- The term for visiting professor will be two years which may be renued.
3. Financial support
- Logistics and accommodation for the visiting professor should be provided by the society or nation requesting the visit. However, RSA may provide partial support in select cases. Approval of the board of directors is needed when RSA provides financial support.
4. Application for visiting professor program